Student Learning Outcomes
The mission of the School of Music at California Baptist University is to create a Christ-based learning environment that provides the highest order of education in all essential aspects of music, to establish a foundation for life-long growth in music, and to offer programs and degrees that are tradition-based but future-oriented.
- To provide a high quality of music education and training for undergraduate and graduate students
- To equip students with performance and theoretical musical skills that will enable them to be successful musicians
- To help students gain a historical/cultural perspective on the world of music
- To encourage critical thinking about music (i.e. analysis, critical listening, performance evaluation)
- To enable students to grow musically, so that they not only leave CBU with a better understanding of music than when they arrived but also can communicate music to a wide and diverse populace.