New Film and Television Database
We recently added a great new film database to our roster of databases: Film and Television Literature Index with Full Text is available on the familiar EBSCOhost platform and is fully indexed within OneSearch.
Updated weekly, this database includes 160 full text academic journals, more than
160 e-books, and film reviews from Variety dating back to 1914.
Library Adds Dynamed to Roster of Nursing and Health Sciences Databases
This summer, the library added Dynamed, the most up-to-date clinical reference tool.
Designed to support evidence-based decision-making at the point of care, Dynamed provides
authoritative information to help guide clinical practice, updated daily from peer-reviewed
sources. If you're a nursing or health sciences student, you're definitely going to
want to check it out!
Also available is the Dynamed mobile app, available for iOS and Android.
New Databases and E-Journals
Whether you're looking for TV news clips, aids to singers' diction or peer reviewed
health sciences literature, our new databases have you covered:
- NBC Learn Higher Ed and NBC Learn K-12 are both collections of news clips from NBC News from the past and present, over
18,000 of them. The Higher Ed platform helpfully organizes them by academic discipline,
while K-12 maps them to state curriculum standards.
- SingersBabel provides a set of tools to aid singers in their pronunciation and diction. These
tools include pronunciation guides and audio readings for German, French, Latin and
English vocal repertoire, as well as language sound sets for each phoneme in English,
French and German. With SingersBabel, a singer can become comfortable singing in a
variety of languages.
- ScienceDirect Health and Life Sciences E-Journals - We've also added over 1,300 academic e-journals in the health and life sciences
from Elsevier, with all issues from the last twenty years up through the present.
They're all available now in the ScienceDirect database, and also discoverable in OneSearch
New E-Resources Available
We've added a veritable boatload of new electronic resources, including:
- New JSTOR Collections - Arts & Sciences III, Arts & Sciences VII and Arts & Sciences X, including the backfiles
of seminal academic journals in film studies, folklore, performing arts, religion,
architecture, history, political science, sociology, art history, literature, business,
education and public administration.
- Cochrane Collection - These databases, including the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, comprise
the core of evidence-based practice across all medical and allied health fields.
- Wiley E-books - Thousands of new e-books are available now from top academic imprint John Wiley
& Sons. These are discoverable now in both OneSearch and the library catalog (Webcat).
- Business Expert Press - 160 introductory e-books on important business topics like business statistics,
negotiation and sales technology.
- Oxford Bibliographies Online - Education - We've added an authoritative and up-to-date collection of bibliographies on education
to go alongside our collection of bibliographies on psychology. Grad students (especially), check them out!
Celebrate National Library Week
April 12-18 is National Library Week! Here's how we're celebrating:
- Game Night @ the Library, Friday April 17, 6 - 8:30 PM - Come enjoy board games & snacks. Everyone's welcome!
- Overdue fine forgiveness - This week only, we're forgiving overdue fines. All you need to do is ask!
- Staff Picks - We've picked some of our favorite library materials to recommend, so check out
the posters, then check out the books (or movies)!
More study spaces, more PC workstations
Can't find a spot to study? We're very happy to announce the addition of twelve additional,
brand new PC workstations and over twenty additional seats for individual studying.
Come learn with us!