Incorporation, Accreditations & Memberships
California Baptist University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), the same organization that accredits University of California as well as private universities including USC and Pepperdine.
In addition, CBU's various schools and colleges hold accreditations from and memberships with organizations related to their specific disciplines. These accreditations and memberships currently include:
- CBU's Dr. Robert K. Jabs School of Business is nationally accredited by the Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- CBU's Shelby and Ferne Collinsworth School of Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- Teacher education programs offered by CBU's Dr. Bonnie G. Metcalf School of Educations are approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC). Approval has been given for both multiple-subject and single-subject credential programs.
- The Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT) program offered by CBU's Department of Kinesiology is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- CBU's nursing program offered by CBU's School of Nursing is approved by the Board of Registered Nurses (BRN) and is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- CBU’s bachelor degree programs in civil engineering (BSCE), electrical and computer engineering (BSECE) and mechanical engineering (BSME) have been accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
The University is a member of the American Association of Higher Education, the Association of Independent California Colleges and Universities, the International Association of Baptist Colleges and Universities, the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities, and the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges.
California Baptist University is incorporated under the laws of the State of California as a university of arts and sciences authorized to grant the degrees of Bachelor of Applied Theology, Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Master of Arts, Master of Music, Master of Science and Master of Business Administration.
Visit the Academics section to find out more about CBU's academic programs.
Interested in becoming a student at CBU? Request a personalized electronic brochure or apply now.