Board of Visitors
Mission & Commitment
As a strategic development arm of the institution, the Board of Visitors plays an engaged role in advancing the mission of California Baptist University through advocacy, leadership, and the expansion of resources.
Members of the Board of Visitors share a common commitment to:
- Provide professional assets to CBU students through internships, student mentoring, recruitment, professional development activities, and guest speaker opportunities. Members have the opportunity to interact directly with University administration and promote its continued advancement through support and feedback.
- Champion University-wide development priorities by building strong connections between the University and the professional community. These connections further develop the growth and capacity of the Board of Visitors and its ability to advance the University.
- Encourage private philanthropy as a means to fulfill the University's mission to develop graduates whose skills, integrity, and sense of purpose distinguish them in the workplace and in the world. And, because a majority of CBU alumni remain in the area post-graduation, the support of the Board of Visitors improves the University's capacity to expand a skilled local workforce that will directly impact our community.
Members of the Board of Visitors are dynamic participants in university advancement activities campus-wide. They are encouraged to:
- Engage in areas of interest around the campus;
- Attend semi-annual meetings and invite others to attend as well; and
- Give a minimum annual, tax deductible gift of $1,000 to support the University's priority initiatives, special annual projects and fundraising activities.
Interested parties must be nominated by a current member of the Board of Visitors or another member of the California Baptist University staff, faculty or Board of Trustees. Special invitations to join may also be extended by the California Baptist University Office for University Advancement. For more information on the nomination process, or questions about how to submit a Statement of Interest, please contact Brian Bunnell, Director of Annual Giving, in the Office for University Advancement at (951) 343-4350 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Brian Bunnell, Director of Annual Giving
8432 Magnolia Avenue, Riverside, California 92504
(951) 343-4350 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Message from the Chairman
It is an honor for me to serve as the Chair of the Board of Visitors at California Baptist University. I am pleased to follow in the footsteps of men who have given of their time, talents, and treasure to further the mission of the university and the important work God is doing in the lives of the students at CBU. Together we can advance the mission CBU as a university committed to the Great Commission by helping develop students that are academically prepared, biblically rooted, globally minded, and equipped to serve.
As a 4th generation native Riversider, my family has seen CBU grow from a couple of buildings and alfalfa fields to one of the nicest campuses in the region. The explosive growth over the last decade has kept CBU filled to capacity even as the campus has expanded and improved. One of the more recently added programs is the College of Health Science, where I have the privilege of serving on the Dean's Executive Council. This is just one example of how BOV members can be involved and further impact CBU students.
The Board of Visitors continues to be a resource supporting the students and the university, while CBU continues to provide educated and skilled employees and entrepreneurs to our region, and throughout the world.
Dr. Robert Mohn, Chair