Applicants must complete and submit the following
- Online Graduate Nursing Program application via www.nursingcas.org
- An interview with the School of Nursing may be required.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or the evaluated equivalency
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (cumulative or last 60 semester/90 quarter units)
- Official sealed transcripts from all universities/colleges attended sent directly to:
- California Baptist University
School of Nursing
8432 Magnolia Ave.
Riverside, CA 92504
- Three recommendations completed electronically through NursingCAS. Recommendations must be from sources who can personally attest to the candidate's potential for scholarly and professional success: one personal, one academic, and one employer. Family members may not complete recommendations.
- Comprehensive essay that includes the following:
- Purpose for entering the program
- Significant events and influences that have affected your approach to life
- Long-term professional goals
- Reasons for choosing to study at CBU
- Professional resume that includes current clinical practice
- California Registered Nurse (RN) license required by the end of the second semester
- Prerequisites (completed with a "C" or better)
- Statistics (may be taken first semester)
- Microsoft Office Competency (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) as demonstrated by completion of degree (within last 5 years), coursework OR exam
All prerequisites must be completed with a "C" or better prior to admission.
- Statistics (may be taken during the first semester)
- Microsoft Office Competency (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) as demonstrated by coursework OR exam. May be waived if degree was completed within last 5 years of application.
Upon acceptance by the School of Nursing additional items will be requested for placement in clinical.