Welcome and thank you for checking out California Baptist University.
We know that choosing a college is never an easy decision and we appreciate your consideration. By this point in your academic career you may already have an idea of what your calling is, or you may still be in the process of narrowing down your options and figuring out how to best use your gifts and talents.
Some people are content with a two-year degree but not you. You know for certain that to live your purpose requires more than just an associates degree. You have never taken the easy road and you are ready for the challenge and benefits that a bachelor's degree entails. You are ready to become a university student and we are here to help you become a CBU Lancer.
Our admissions staff strives to make the admissions process enjoyable, informative and as easy as possible. Below we have listed the admissions requirements you will need to complete in order to be considered for admission into CBU.
- Complete and submit an application for undergraduate admission.
- The application includes a 3-5 paragraph essay asking "what do you hope to gain from your experience as a student at California Baptist University?" Provide examples from an academic, social and spiritual standpoint.
- This $45 non-refundable fee can be paid by cash, check or credit card. Click here to pay online.
- One of the letters must be an academic reference (from teacher or professor).
- The second reference is a personal reference and can be completed by a pastor, co-worker or friend. We do not accept recommendations from family or a CBU employee.
- Official transcripts need to be provided from all of the colleges and universities that you have attended
- If you have less than 24 units we also require you to provide your official High School transcripts, SAT or ACT test score, and possess a minimum 2.5 cumulative weighed GPA.
See our current Articulation Agreements with local colleges to find out how your units will transfer to CBU.
The undergraduate admissions office upholds a rolling admission policy, which means that we do not have a set deadline for application; however you will not receive your financial aid or be enrolled until you have been accepted to CBU.
* All Admissions documents must be sent to the attention of the Undergraduate Admissions office:
8432 Magnolia Avenue
Riverside, Ca 92504
FAX: (951) 343-4525