International Graduate Applicants
File completion deadlines
|Session||Application & all documents submitted by:|
|Fall (September) Semester||July 1|
|Spring (January) Semester||November 1|
|Summer (May) Semester**||March 1|
* File Completion deadlines vary for the graduate programs in Athletic Training and Nursing. Please visit the program webpage for program specific file completion deadlines: Athletic Training or Nursing.
** Summer semester admission is not available for the Graduate Program in Music.
1. Application for the desired graduate program - Graduate Program Application
2. Application fee: Non-refundable US $45 application-processing fee. Applicants can click here to pay online. Applicants can also send payment by check in the mail to the International Admissions office or call CBU's Student Accouts office at 1-951-343-4371 to complete a credit card payment over the phone.
3. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or the evaluated equivalency.
4. Transcripts: Official sealed copies of transcripts all academic records (including transcripts, mark sheets, grade reports, as well as graduatation certificates, diplomas and/or completion certificates) from all colleges and universities attended are required, showing dates of attendance, courses taken and grades received. All records must be accompanied by a certified English translation. Official transcripts must be sent direct from the educational institution to our admissions office. Transcripts received by CBU from a third party (including the applicant) are not official and cannot be used.
Applicants may be asked to provide additional information in order to verify educational documents. If additional information is required, an applicant will be contacted by our office.
Some programs, such as nursing and teacher credential, require the submission of evaluated transcripts from an approved evaluation company. CBU recommends using the International Education Research Foundation, Inc., www.ierf.org, evaluation company.
5. Recommendations: Completed on forms provided by the international graduate admissions office (Graduate Recommendation Form). The number and type (either professional and/or academic) of recommendations varies for each program. Recommendations may NOT be completed by family members or friends. Please refer to the individual graduate program page for more information.
6. Essay/Personal Statement: Applicants must complete a comprehensive essay, of at least 500 words, that includes the criteria set forth in the program's essay prompt. Please refer to the individual program admissions requirements page or to the Graduate Program Essay Requirements for specific essay criteria and more information.
7. English Language Proficiency: Applicants must certify English language proficiency by submitting a minimum score of 80 IBT on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). A current, original score report that indicates the applicant's name and test score are required; photocopies or scanned copies of score reports will not be accepted. If scores are lower than the minimum requirement, or if no scores are submitted, the applicant may be admitted jointly to the graduate program and Intensive English Program (IEP). Students can only enroll in IEP courses and will receive language instruction until they submit a qualifying TOEFL/IELTS score in order to being graduate program coursework.
8. Financial Information: Documentation verifying the applicant’s ability to meet financial obligations (tuition, fees, books, room and board, personal expenses, and health insurance) for the first year are required by the US Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services. This documentation must include the following:
- The exact amount designated to the applicant for educational purposes
- Completion of the Affidavit of Financial Support form
9. Interview: Successful interview(s) with the Director of the Graduate Program.
10. Additional Items
Chinese Graduation Access Code:
For Chinese students who graduated from a University in China, we will need a 12 digit graduation access code. In order for our office to verify the information from your Graduation Certificate, we need additional information. Please visit the website: http://www.chsi.com.cn in order to purchase the access code. This website will give you instructions on how to purchase the access code. Go to this website for instructions: http://www.chsi.com.cn/xlcx/rhsq.jsp. CBU will verify your graduation certificate information through the following website: http://www.chsi.com.cn/xlcx/bgcx.jsp. The current cost for the access code is 2 RMB. Once you have obtained the access code, please forward the code to our office, via email. Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Prerequisite courses: Most programs require completion of prerequisite coursework. Please refer to the individual program's admission web page for more information (links below).
Resume: Needed for MBA and Kinesiology
Official test scores: GRE, GMAT (required for MBA), or TEAS (type of test and minimum score vary by program)
Research Writing Sample: Needed for English
For information on a specific graduate program's admission requirements, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
California Baptist University
8432 Magnolia Ave
Riverside, CA 92504
When the above procedures have been completed, the applicant's file will be evaluated. Upon approval of admission, a letter of acceptance and Form I-20 will be issued.
Upon arriving at CBU, and before beginning the registration process, the student must submit Form I-94 and passport to the Director of International Students to verify Immigration and Naturalization Service approval.
California Baptist University is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant, alien graduate students.