Joseph De Vol, M.S.
Assistant Professor of Education
Office Phone: (951) 343-4324 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office Location: Eugene and Billie Yeager Center, Room B237 Office Hours: Monday 2-4 p.m. Tues. Wed. & Thursday 3:00p.m. - 5:00 p.m., & by appointment
|M.S.||Entomology||University of California, Riverside||1969|
|B.A.||Zoology||California State University, Los Angeles||1967|
Administrative Credential, UCR 1974
EDU 300: American Public Schools
EDU 302: Educational Psychology
EDU 518: Classroom Management and Discipline
EDU 505: Elementary Curriculum and Instruction: Math and Science
EDU 534: International and Comparative Education
EDU 585: International Education Practicum
Academic Areas & Scholarly Interests
* Elementary Mathematics
* Elementary Science
* Elementary: Grades 4-6 and Special Education
* Junior High: Science, Health, Social Studies, and English; coaching Track
* High School: Biology
* University: George Fox University 6 years Department of Continuation Education
* California Baptist University: currently in 16th year
Research, Presentations, & Publications
De Vol, Joe. "Biology of Chelinidea vittiger, with notes on its Host-Plant Relationships and Value in Biological Weed Control." Environmental Entomology, Vol. 2, No. 2. pp. 231-240.
2002 Fall Faculty Workshop co-presenter
Church Membership & Activities
* Friendship Church, Elder on Church Board
* Have served as a Deacon, Sunday School teacher, choir member
* Served as the chairman of the Missions Task Force
* Leader of a Home Bible study
Community Service & Involvement
* Have served as a Board Member of the Friendsview Manor/Secretary of Residential Relations Committee, Executive Director Search committee member
* Washington Elementary after school tutor
Interests & Hobbies
* Overseas Mission trips: China 1995, India/Nepal l997, 1999, and 2001; Japan 2003, India 2008
* Staying in touch with national Christians in the Himalayas
* Vacations trips to Europe, Africa, and Hawaii
* Tennis and paddle tennis
* RV camping at the beach, visiting national parks and historical sites
* Wife Judy is a Minister of Visitation for the Friendship Church; caring for members in hospitals and convalescent hospitals.
* Two daughters, two grandsons and a third grandson due April 27th
...but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
-from Joshua 24:15, NASB
"This verse has a very special meaning for me. It became the title of a book about my grandparents and parents who served the Lord as medical missionaries in Asia. My life as a "missionary kid" in India has left an indelible imprint on me. As a result, I have returned to India/ Nepal four times in recent years. Introducing college students to mission work in third world countries has been one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life.
To be affiliated with a university that has made a commitment to be known as the "Great Commission" University gives me great joy in serving here."