Applicants must complete and submit the following:
1. An application for admission with a non-refundable application processing fee.
2. A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum GPA of 3.25 in the last 60 semester units. A GPA of 3.0 may be considered for conditional admission.
3. Official sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
4. Three recommendations required from sources who can attest to the applicant's potential for scholarly and professional success: one personal, one academic and one employer. Family members may not complete recommendations. MSN Recommendation Form
5. Comprehensive essay that includes:
- Purpose for entering the program
- Significant events and influences that have affected your approach to life
- Long-term professional goals
- Reasons for choosing to study at CBU
6. Graduate Record Examination (GRE). No minimum score required.
8. Successful interview with the School of Nursing may be required.
All prerequisites must be completed with a "C" or better prior to pre-licensure admission. Please note that online science laboratories are not accepted.
- Microsoft Office Competency (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) as demonstrated by coursework OR exam. MS Office E-Learning Option May be waived if degree was completed within last 5 years of application.
Upon acceptance by the School of Nursing please submit items 10-20 to the School of Nursing.
10. Health Clearance Statement of Understanding
11. Applicant Health History Form
12. Health Clearances (list and forms provided by the School of Nursing)
13. Passport-sized photo
14. Current Automobile insurance
15. Drivers license copy
16. CPR Certification
17. Criminal Background Clearance
18. Conduct Clearance Form
19. Honor Code Form
20. Notarized Information Release forms (Release and Waiver and, Authorization and Release)