The Master of Music degree program is designed to develop candidates into professional conductors, teachers, and performers. A unique graduate opportunity will include extended mentoring between the Dean, involved music faculty and the graduate music students. Additional para-curricular activities will also be offered; i.e. conducting seminars, reading sessions, master classes. Through these para-curricular activities, relational skills on multiple levels are discussed, evaluated and experienced.
- A minimum 3.0 GPA for unconditional admission and a minimum of 2.75 GPA for conditional admission - applicants with a GPA lower than 2.75 may be considered for admission with the presentation of a minimum combined score of 1000 on the verbal and quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
- Completion of a Bachelor of Arts in Music or a Bachelor of Music from a regionally accredited college or University.
- Completion of application for admission with $45 application fee.
- Submission of official transcripts from each institution of higher education attended. An official transcript is one the University receives directly from that institution and bears an official seal.
- Three Recommendations completed on forms provided.
Must be from sources who can personally attest to the candidate's potential for scholarly and professional success. Family members and friends may not complete recommendations.
- A comprehensive essay that includes the following elements:
- Purpose for entering the Program
- Reasons for choosing to study at California Baptist University
- Spiritual life and experience
- Successful Interview with the Dean of the School of Music