Married and Grad Students
Married and Graduate Student Housing
To support the academic success of graduate students, Online and Professional Studies students, and students with families, California Baptist University is pleased to announce that we will be offering on-campus housing in Lancer Arms to accommodate your unique needs. Starting in May 2011, CBU will be offering affordable 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom apartments available for our non-traditional students. This type of housing opens the door for you to take advantage of every possible avenue when it comes to your education. We are dedicated to offering students and their families an environment conducive to their physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual development.
Some of the benefits of living on campus include:
• Being close to educational and social activities
• Living in a community that supports your education
• Water, electric, gas, and cable TV included in your semester charges
• Financial Aid can be used to pay housing fees
• On-campus laundry facilities
• Easy access to CBU's recreational and exercise facilities
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
Only California Baptist University students or others authorized by the Dean of Students may reside in University housing. In order to be eligible to reside in University housing, all students must meet the following enrollment requirements:
a. Undergraduate students must enroll for a minimum of twelve (12) units per semester
b. Graduate students must enroll for a minimum of six (6) units per semester
c. Online and Professional Studies students must enroll for a minimum of twelve (12) units per semester
Students who enroll for less than the required number of units must submit a written request for exemption to the Office of Residence Life prior to the 1st day of classes as indicated in the applicable University catalog. Exemption request forms are available in the Office of Residence Life.
Family housing Occupancy is limited to the registered student, his or her spouse, dependent children under the age of 18, and/or dependents under the age of 24 who are enrolled as fulltime students at California Baptist University.
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to apply for campus housing at California Baptist University please stop by the Office of Residence Life located in The Village at CBU to pick up an application packet. The office is open Monday through Friday, 8:00Am to 5:00PM. If you are not able to come in to the office to pick up an application packet we can mail one to you. All you need to do is provide us with your mailing address.
Once you have the application packet, please complete the following steps:
1) Completely fill out both sides of the Housing Application.
2) Read and sign the California Baptist University Housing License Agreement. By signing the agreement, the student is agreeing to all written terms and conditions.
3) Submit a $300 Housing Deposit. You can mail a check for your deposit along with your completed application, or pay online using with a credit card through CASHNet. If you would like to pay online using a credit card please go to the CBU student Accounts web page for more information. https://insidecbu.calbaptist.edu/ics/Finances/
WHAT TYPE OF HOUSING IS AVAILABLE
The following housing options are available for students with families for the 2012/2013 academic year:
1 bedroom apartment - $3450. each semester (fall/spring/summer)
2 bedroom apartment - $4080. each semester (fall/spring/summer)
The following housing options are available for Graduate/ Online and Professional Studies students:
1 bedroom apartment (single occupancy) - $3450. each semester (fall/spring/summer)
2 bedroom apartment (single occupancy) - $4080. each semester (fall/spring/summer)
1 bedroom and 2 bedroom apartments (shared occupancy) - $2280. each semester (fall/spring/summer)
If you have any questions, please call The Office of Residence Life at 951-552-8000, or email firstname.lastname@example.org