Quick Links


Explore CBU

Scholarships and Grants

Federal Aid

  • Federal Pell Grant—$590-$5,775 per year. This is a federal program and is awarded based upon financial need as determined by FAFSA.
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)—$1,000 per year. SEOG is a federal grant designed to assist students with the highest need as determined by the FAFSA. Funds are limited.

State Aid

  • Cal Grants— A ($9,084) or B ($1,473) per year (for current first-year recipients). If you receive CAL B as a freshman, CBU will provide a "CAL B Assist" in the amount of $7,436 ($9,084 total). Cal Grant is funded by the State of California and awarded to residents who meet GPA and financial criteria. To be considered, students must submit a FAFSA form. Your high school may submit a GPA verification form to the state on your behalf. Check with your high school's counseling office to confirm that it is sent by March 2. Click here to track your application and make any changes to your information.
  • Chafee Grant—The California Chafee Grant Program provides grants to foster youth and former foster youth to assist with college costs. Recipients must be or have been eligible for Independent Living Program (ILP) Services between your 16th and 18th birthdays. For further qualifications and information, visit the California Student Aid Commission website here.

CBU Scholarships & Grants

  • Academic scholarships—Up to $8,500 per year is available. Minimum academic requirements are 3.3 – 3.74 GPA/1020 SAT or 21 ACT for a Deans Scholarship of $5,500. Or, a 3.75-3.99 GPA/1100 SAT or 24 ACT for a $6,500 Presidents Scholarship. A Trustee Scholarship of $8,500 available to students with a 4.0 and above GPA/1200 SAT or 25 ACT.
  • Athletic scholarships are available for men’s basketball, baseball, diving, soccer, swimming, water polo, cross country and track, volleyball, and golf. For women, scholarships are available for basketball, softball, diving, soccer, swimming, water polo, cross country and track, volleyball and cheer. For further information call the Athletic Department at (800) 782-3382, ext. 4318.

  • Business scholarships— Up to $5,000 per year, please contact School of Business at (800) 782-3382 ext. 4504.
  • CBU Grant—Based on GPA and financial need as determined by the FAFSA—the federal government’s instrument for calculating need-based aid. Awards include up to $4,000.
  • Drama scholarships—Scholarships are awarded for participation in department productions, the drama ministry, Team CELEBRATION! or the Forensics Team. For more information call (800) 782-3382, ext. 4319.
  • Engineering scholarships— Up to $5,000 per year, please contact School of Engineering at (800) 782-3382 ext. 4972.
  • Journalism and Speech/Debate scholarships—Up to $2,000 per year. Contact the Communication Arts Department at (800) 782-3382, ext. 4493.
  • CBU CAL B Assistance - $7,436 for the first year. For students that qualify for CAL Grant B fro the State of California.
  • Minister’s Kin—$3,250 per year. Recipients must be the dependent child of a minister engaged in full-time service as a pastor; minister of education, music, children or youth; chaplain or missionary. For further information contact the Enrollment Services Office at (877) 228-8866.
  • Multi-Sibling--$2,000 per year. Recipients must be two or more siblings (brother/sister) enrolled in CBU’s traditional undergraduate program.
  • Music—Vocal, instrumental and piano performance scholarships are available. Auditions can be arranged throughout the year.Students are expected to have prepared a selection that shows their range and ability. All styles are accepted. Instrumentalists will be required to sight read. Contact the School of Music at (800) 782-3382, ext. 4251.
  • Visual Art—Scholarships are available for students serious about pursuing art. Students must be prepared to present a portfolio. Contact the Art Department at (800) 782-3382, ext. 4434, for further information.