The ASCBU Senate is comprised of representatives for each of the following student populations: Freshman Class, Sophomore Class, Junior Class, Senior Class, Residential Students and Commuter Students. A minimum of two senators shall represent each student population. In the event any student population shall exceed one-thousand members, one senator shall be added for each additional five-hundred members, with a maximum representation of four senators for each student population. In addition to serving as representative for their respective constituency, senators meet as a body on a weekly basis.
Senator responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Organize and conduct meetings with constituents
• Effectively represent the constituents by:
- Appropriately addressing student needs, issues, and concerns
- Encouraging class member participation
- Serving as an advocate for the class
- Seek input from class members during the meetings
• Serve as a spokesperson for constituents
• Attend all ASCBU Senate meetings, class meetings, constituent meetings, forums, and
• Serve a minimum of three (3) hours in the ASCBU Office each week
• Attend regularly scheduled meetings with designated ASCBU Executive Council member and/or Graduate Assistant.
• Additional hours outside of the office will be required.