Board of Visitors
Since 2001, the Board of Visitors at California Baptist University has been comprised of influential business and community leaders whose professional interests represent the distinct departments and programs of the University.
Mission & Commitment
As a strategic development arm of the institution, the Board of Visitors plays an engaged role in advancing the mission of California Baptist University through advocacy, leadership, and the expansion of resources.
Members of the Board of Visitors share a common commitment to:
- Provide professional assets to CBU students through internships, student mentoring, recruitment, professional development activities, and guest speaker opportunities. Members have the opportunity to interact directly with University administration and promote its continued advancement through support and feedback.
- Champion University-wide development priorities by building strong connections between the University and the professional community. These connections further develop the growth and capacity of the Board of Visitors and its ability to advance the University.
- Encourage private philanthropy as a means to fulfill the University's mission to develop graduates whose skills, integrity, and sense of purpose distinguish them in the workplace and in the world. And, because a majority of CBU alumni remain in the area post-graduation, the support of the Board of Visitors improves the University's capacity to expand a skilled local workforce that will directly impact our community.
Members of the Board of Visitors are dynamic participants in university advancement activities campus-wide. They are encouraged to:
- Engage in areas of interest around the campus;
- Attend semi-annual meetings and invite others to attend as well; and
- Give a minimum annual, tax deductible gift of $1,000 to support the University's priority initiatives, special annual projects and fundraising activities.
Interested parties must be nominated by a current member of the Board of Visitors or another member of the California Baptist University staff, faculty or Board of Trustees. Special invitations to join may also be extended by the California Baptist University Office for Institutional Advancement. For more information on the nomination process, or questions about how to submit a Statement of Interest, please contact Brian Bunnell, Director of Annual Giving, in the Office for Institutional Advancement at (951) 343-4350 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brian Bunnell, Director of Annual Giving
8432 Magnolia Avenue, Riverside, California 92504
(951) 343-4350 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Message from the Chairman
|It is with great joy that I write to you as the new Chair of the Board of Visitors at California Baptist University. I am humbled to be among colleagues who give, so generously, of their talents and treasure to support the important work God is doing at CBU. I look forward to working alongside you as we continue to serve this institution.
Ten years ago, my wife, Jill, and I agreed that the CBU Board of Visitors was an important investment of our time and direction because it presents a unique opportunity to serve the Lord in a multiplying way. We value the Board of Visitors as an effectual vehicle to plug-in to this campus and make a significant impact in the lives of students who are building the kingdom of God.
Like many of you, we are also amazed at the sustained growth CBU has experienced under the respected leadership of Dr. Ronald Ellis. The University's success is a testimony of what can be accomplished when a community of supporters comes together in strategic partnerships. I hope this year the Board of Visitors will again play a valuable role in expanding the benefits CBU provides to our region, and beyond.
Dr. Gordon Bourns, Chair