May 2016 Applicants must complete and submit the following:
If you previously submitted a paper application, please contact us to ensure it is still valid.
- Online Graduate Nursing Program application via http://nursingcas.org/ with a $65 non-refundable application fee. Please use the program specific information sheet to complete the online application.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or the evaluated equivalency with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (cumulative or last 60 semester/90 quarter units).
- Official sealed transcripts from all universities/colleges attended sent directly to:
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
4. Three recommendations completed electronically through NursingCAS. Recommendations must be from sources who can personally attest to the candidate’s potential for scholarly and professional success: one personal, one academic, and one employer. Family members may not complete recommendations.
5. Graduate level, APA formatted, comprehensive essay that includes (minimum two pages):
- Purpose for entering the program
- Significant events and influences that have affected your approach to life (include relevant hospital/healthcare experience)
- Long-term professional goals
- Reasons for choosing to study at CBU
6. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is highly recommended, but not required.
7. RN Pre-Entrance Exam (PAX) Third Edition administered by the National League for Nursing (NLN). To purchase the review guide and CD click here. There will be dates available for ELMSN students to take the PAX in October and November.
8. Successful interview with the School of Nursing (not all qualified applicants will be interviewed).
9. Completed Prerequisite Evaluation Sheet uploaded to NursingCAS.