Application Requirements for the Graduate Program in Education:
- Completion of application for admission with graduate application fee.
- Official transcripts of all college coursework verifying completion of a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university (some programs may accept the evaluated equivalency), with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (2.75 for conditional acceptance). The presentation of a minimum combined score of 300 on the verbal and quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or passing score on CSET Exam to overcome a low grade point average.
- Three recommendations from professional sources who can address candidate's potential for success in education. Graduate Program Recommendation Form
- Prerequisites: Complete EDU 302 and choose one of the following: EDU300, EDU341/541, or ETC305/505, for a total of 6 pre-requisite units.
- Write a statement that includes your reasons for choosing teaching as a profession, your reasons for choosing to study at California Baptist University and why you are personally suited for teaching.
- Acceptance for admission by the director of the graduate program in education.
Candidates Seeking Credential:
A student who is admitted to the University is not automatically admitted to the Teacher Education Program. In addition to the above requirements, each candidate must complete the following:
- Certificate of Clearance (COC)
- Take the state-administered California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST).
- Show proof of CSET Registration
- Complete written literacy sample in Academic Success Center
- Complete pre-requisite credential courses (will vary by credential, check with advisor)
- Have a minimum GPA of 2.75 on a four-point scale, which is documented by official transcripts.
- Have a satisfactory interview with an Education faculty member.