Current Credential Students
Tests & Preparation
CSET & CBEST
- Practice Tests are available click here
- Rusty on math or science? Use the UCI free online courses for help click here
CSET Test-Taking Tips
- Read each question carefully
- Don't spend too much time on one question
- For "constructed response" questions, read the entire question and respond to all parts (you do get credit for partially correct answers)
- Plan ahead on how many tests you will take at once, you have 5 hours for each test administration but you do not have to take all subtests
- Strongly recommended to be taken AFTER completion of EDU 516
- Saturday Prep Sessions in Yeager Center, B223 (Tillery Room), from 8 am -12 pm. Sign up on B233 Office Door:
- September 20, 2014
- January 31, 2015
- May 16, 2015
Ready for Student Teaching?
Be sure to have the following:
- Current TB test (that will not expire until the end of your student teaching semester)
- Current CPR Certification for Infant, Child, and Adult
- Valid exam scores for
- RICA (if applicable)
Questions? Always check with your advisor. Call the main office at (951) 343-4448.
Completing Observations in Riverside Unified School District (RUSD)
Students who desire to observe for four or more hours per week are required to obtain a Live Scan Clearance and TB Clearance. A COC will not be accepted for RUSD.
Procedures for Clearance:
1. Contact Gina Scott at email@example.com . Information to provide: total hours needed for semester, hours per week, focus area (grade or subject) and site preferences
2. Obtain a TB test and email results to Gina Scott. (CBU students can obtain a TB test from the Wellness Center for $15.00).
3. Contact Michelle Landry to schedule a finger-printing appointment at (951) 788-7135, ext. 80122. (A cashier's check or money order is required to for payment for the $45.00 fee).
4. Once cleared, RUSD will email the schools you have listed as site preferences with your name and then you can schedule your fieldwork hours.