The College of Allied Health at California Baptist University, driven by its Christian commitment, prepares students for entry level professional employment or graduate school in the health professions by delivering life-span health and wellness professions education through excellent teaching and mentoring, meaningful scholarship, and servant relationships.
- We affirm California Baptist University’s purpose and mission as our own in the development of leaders in allied health.
- We believe that our Christian world view should permeate all of our personal and professional goals and activities.
- We seek to create and maintain an environment that fosters opportunities for shaping one’s own spiritual formation.
- We encourage the exploration of calling in one’s own personal and professional life.
- We consider learning to be an activity that never ceases, and that the life of the mind is a faithful and noble pursuit.
- We value the creation of timely, relevant, participatory, and experiential learning environments that develop well-trained individuals who add value and achieve fulfilling roles within their organizations, communities, and the global environment.
- We engage in the pursuit of excellence in teaching and learning that challenges and enlightens.
- We seek to conduct research that contributes to the body of knowledge in the health professions.
- We believe that service within organizations is a vocation in the sense that it is a calling that should be treated with great importance and the utmost respect.
- We seek to develop and demonstrate a heart for service in all students, faculty, and staff.
- We demonstrate personal and professional integrity in all things.
- We accept responsibility for the quality of our programs and for our actions.
- We participate in health professions organizations to advance the profession.
- We respect and value unique and diverse experiences and perspectives contributed by individuals learning and working in a collegial environment.
- We cultivate caring and respectful relationships.
- We create opportunities to develop relationships with our alumni.
- We encourage student connectedness.
- We appreciate and support external constituents.
Department of Health Sciences
On behalf of the faculty, I welcome you to the Department of Health Sciences at CBU. Our faculty is committed to teaching, research, and service in the areas of Health Science, Communication Disorders, Nutrition Sciences, Public Health, and Health Care Administration. Additionally, we are excited about our new programs in Physician Assistant Studies and Radiological Sciences. The Department of Health Sciences faculty are focused on educating students at both the intellectual and the spiritual levels.
Department of Kinesiology
Thank you for considering us as a place to pursue your professional and educational goals in Kinesiology. It is our mission to prepare professionals of high moral character for opportunities in a variety of sport, rehabilitation, and physical activity settings. Our faculty and I are committed to providing excellent academic programs, promoting university wellness, and enhancing the quality of life for all those we serve. We accomplish this by offering bachelor and master degree programs that center in human movement and are guided by CBU’s Christian values and mission. Each Kinesiology faculty member is passionate about helping people maximize their physical health and overall wellness, and it is our goal to produce students who share this passion. Our graduates find rewarding careers helping others through athletic training, physical education, exercise science, sport management, and a diverse number of other allied health professions. We are excited to have you join CBU's Department of Kinesiology and encourage you to actively develop health science skills to succeed in your career and make a difference in the lives of others.
Physician Assistant Studies
Department of Physician Assistant Studies
CBU's Department of Physician Assistant Studies, part of the College of Allied Health.